One major thing that we will always remember is that Drew started swim lessons on his first birthday. He did ok - he drank a lot of the water the first day. He was so excited to be able to get into the pool - until she dunked his little head under the water. I almost had to walk out half way through the 10 minutes that he was in the pool because I thought I was going to cry. I've NEVER seen him look so terrified, it broke my heart. But I have to keep telling myself that it will all be worth it in the end. Here is one skill she teaches him, to come up from the water and hold onto the edge. As you can see, he had no problem holding on to the edge.
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Happy 1st Birthday to the Drew man!!
One major thing that we will always remember is that Drew started swim lessons on his first birthday. He did ok - he drank a lot of the water the first day. He was so excited to be able to get into the pool - until she dunked his little head under the water. I almost had to walk out half way through the 10 minutes that he was in the pool because I thought I was going to cry. I've NEVER seen him look so terrified, it broke my heart. But I have to keep telling myself that it will all be worth it in the end. Here is one skill she teaches him, to come up from the water and hold onto the edge. As you can see, he had no problem holding on to the edge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment